unifi TV (formerly known as HyppTV) is an IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service where TV content is delivered digitally through an internet network. In TM’s case, the content is delivered through a high speed broadband service right to your television set via a TM-provided unifi TV Box. It offers you On Demand services, Interactive applications and the ability to broadcast live TV channels. It is offered as part of our unifi consumer packages.
No, there is no difference between them. Your package and viewing experience will continue without any interruptions.
There are many new offerings that unifi TV brings to you.
• unifi TV provides you with a new TV experience where you can do more with your TV!
• Be in control of your TV – you only need to pay for the broadcast live TV channels and on-demand services that you want to watch.
• Be the first to watch shows 24 hours from their US release – some of our series, such as CSI, are made available to you on unifi TV within 24 hours from when they were first shown in the US. Just subscribe to the package to enjoy this.
• No more fixed schedules so you can watch TV whenever you want – for On Demand services, you can choose what to watch at your convenience.
• Be in control of your TV – you only need to pay for the broadcast live TV channels and On Demand services that you want to watch.
• Enjoy your TV come rain or shine with no disruptions – you can watch TV any time, throughout all kinds of weather.
• Interactive applications - we bring internet interactivity to the TV.
Yes. You can still enjoy your unifi TV programs even during bad weather. This is because unifi TV is offered over high speed broadband and so, it is unaffected by bad weather.
• unifi TV is different from other satellite TV operators in that it is delivered via a high speed broadband network to your TV. This gives you added benefits such as not being affected by bad weather. Being on a broadband platform also lets you experience our Interactive applications.
• unifi TV also differs in term of the pricing model where we take on an on-demand approach. This means you pay only for the live TV channels, movies or series you want to watch rather than paying for the entire package.
Yes, you can still subscribe to unifi TV even if you have already subscribed to another Pay TV service. This is because unifi TV uses unifi's high speed broadband to deliver its content and so, it won't affect the other Pay TV service.
No. As long as you can connect both services to your TV, you can choose to watch either one.
Yes, you can watch unifi TV and access the internet at the same time. unifi TV will not disrupt your internet experience.
No. You have to subscribe to unifi since unifi TV is offered as a triple-play offering under unifi that includes internet, video (of unifi TV), and Voice.
Yes. You can choose any of the value added services from our premium live TV channels and/or Video On Demand on top of the free basic offering.
There are mainly 3 types of content offered by unifi TV. In brief, they are:
• Video On Demand: Subscriber is able to purchase movies, TV series or programs and exclusive content through our Video On Demand (VOD) service.
• Interactive applications: These applications are offered for free to all unifi consumer subscribers, unless stated otherwise. The applications include TED.com, TV Apps and more!
• Broadcast live TV channels:
a) Broadcast live TV channels includes both international and local live TV channels.
b) unifi TV Free Channels: These are bundled with and part of all unifi consumer packages.
c) unifi TV Premium Channels: All unifi consumer packages’ customers can purchase the following channels individually at a unique price per channel. All channels' latest offering listing can be found on https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv.html
• On Demand is a system which allows users to select and watch/listen to video or audio content on demand.
• High Definition video refers to a video system with a resolution that is far superior and sharper than the current analogue TV or Standard Definition TV.
• unifi TV HD video features display resolutions of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080i).
• To fully enjoy the HD video content, you will require an HD-Ready TV set to start with.
• unifi TV Graphical User Interface (GUI) is a type of user interface that allows you to interact with all the content within the unifi TV service. It offers graphical icons, symbols and visual indicators to provide instructions that fully represent the information available to a user via the remote control. This helps you navigate through the service and get to the content that you want. Please refer to the User Guide on how to use the GUI.
Yes, customers can personalize their profile information through Settings.
Currently, we only offer English as the default language for the system.
Yes, we plan to add Bahasa Malaysia as one of the options, as well as Mandarin. Customers can select these language options once they become available on their screen.
No, this feature is free for all of our customers.
Yes, all the changes are effective immediately.
Yes, you can change the system language any time you want.
No, once you change the language in Settings, it will be saved until you choose to change it again.
No, during installation, the installer will do it for you. Do keep in mind that, as of now, only 4:3 is available.
No, it will follow the default screen aspect.
No, changes on your screen aspect will not affect the quality of the picture.
You just go to the Settings option from the main menu, follow some simple instructions, and confirm the changes by pressing the OK button.
No, once you change the screen aspect in the Settings, it will be saved until you make further changes.
We give two options for the start-up screen:
a) Main Menu
b) Last View
No, during installation, the installer will do it for you. But you can still change it on your own.
Yes, you can change the start-up screen any time you want.
No, once you change the start-up screen in Settings, it will be saved until you make other changes.
You just go to the Settings option from the main menu, follow some simple instructions, and confirm the changes by pressing the OK button.
Yes, all the changes are effective immediately.
Different channels have different prices because each channel is unique in terms of its content offering, genre of programming, and overall quality i.e. SD vs HD.
We believe in giving our subscribers the flexibility to choose which channels they want to watch and pay for. However, we may introduce mini packages in the future.
Each category of Video On Demand content is priced differently.
• Hypp Flicks Plus: Hypp Flicks Plus is a TV On Demand (TVOD) service which offers the latest movies, including Hollywood, Malaysian, and Asian ones.
• Free View: Free content such as Fokus Hari Ini and content from Knowledge Nature Package etc.
• Dunia Sinema HD: Dunia Sinema offers viewers access to 10 Malay movies every month. This comprises of a good mix of genres and library titles. Viewers can look forward to 10 titles for the first month, with five titles getting refreshed every subsequent month. RM10.00 per month.
• Al Hijrah on Demand: TV berkonsep Islam pertama dan terunggul di Malaysia, menyiarkan kandungan yang berkualiti dan kreatif, yang mengajak masyarakat melakukan penghijrahan berterusan ke arah kebaikan dalam semua bidang kehidupan. Ini dapat dicapai dengan menghasilkan kandungan yang informatif dan mendidik penonton tanpa mengira bangsa dan agama. Kandungannya pula pelbagai; termasuk genre drama, majalah tv, dokumentari, berita dan hiburan yang diterbitkan mengikut prinsip Islam dan nilai-nilai murni sejagat. RM10.00 per month.
• PlayBox HD: Our all-in-one on-demand channel which includes everything: from box office films to popular television shows in Malaysia and abroad.
• BBC First HD: The only On Demand channel which houses premium and original TV dramas from BBC – old and new – for you to binge anytime, anywhere. RM15.00 per month.
The pricing of some of the Pay channels, like FOX Sports, is expensive because the channel comes in High Definition (HD). This means the videos have a substantially higher resolution than traditional television systems (SDTV).
There are NO basic monthly charges for unifi TV.
No, the installation fee for unifi TV is already included in the unifi package.
The minimum contract period for the unifi TV service will be in accordance to your unifi contract. For monthly-based subscription content like premium channels, Home Cinema, and Kids' Favourite, the subscription will only be cancelled or terminated upon the customer’s request. Otherwise, it will automatically be renewed every month.
• Via unifi TV EPG – when you browse through an unsubscribed premium channel, you will be given an option to subscribe to it by clicking the Confirm button. You will then be asked to enter your PIN to confirm the purchase. Once you have successfully subscribed, you will be able to enjoy the channel as usual.
• Via TMUC - Call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller and mention your unifi TV user ID and the channel(s) you wish to subscribe to.
• Via TMpoint - Visit any nearby TMpoint outlets and mention your unifi TV user ID and the channel(s) you wish to subscribe to.
• myunifi Portal - Login to the unifi Self Care (http://https://unifi.com.my) and follow the instructions accordingly.
Via unifi TV EPG – when you browse through an unsubscribed On Demand content, you will be given the option to subscribe to it by clicking the Confirm button. You will then be asked to enter your PIN to confirm the purchase. Once you have successfully subscribed, you will be able to enjoy the content as usual.
You may call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to know more about your subscription plan. There, you can also view the channels that you have purchased.
You may check your transaction history by going to the Purchase History page. Click the Y yellow button on your remote control when you are on the VOD menu.
There are 10 billing cycles for unifi i.e. on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th, 19th, 22nd, 25th, 28th of the month.
Billing date is defaulted to the nearest bill cycle date (there are 10 bill cycle dates) from the date the order was submitted. For example, if a customer subscribed on 7th September, the billing date will not be the 7th but rather, fall on the following cycle i.e. on the 10th. Assuming it takes about a week for the service to activate e.g. activated on 15th September 2010, the bill will be activated from 15th September 2010 until 10th October 2010 – factoring in the 1 month cycle. In this case, the 10th of every month would be the customer’s billing date.
Bills can either be sent in paper (hard copy) or via emails (soft copy). Currently, the bill will be issued in paper i.e. mailed to the customer's address. In the future, the bill can be issued and/or accessed via unifi's customer portal.
If you are late in making any payments, your unifi service will be suspended (along with unifi TV). However, there will be no charges incurred for a late payment.
There are no reconnection fees/charges for the suspended service.
A penalty of RM500 will be charged for the termination of unifi, with no proration whatsoever.
Proration will be applicable for monthly-based subscription content like premium channels, Home Cinema, and Kids' Favourite only.
This is not applicable for VOD since VOD is a one-time charge. The charges for premium channel subscriptions will be reflected in the bill as follows: prorate amount for the preceding period + monthly charges for the succeeding month (1 month + basis). For example, if A subscribed to Cbeebies HD on 7th September, the charges reflected in the bill would be:
= Prorate amount September + October monthly charge
= [(24/30) x RM6) + RM6]
= RM4.80 + RM6
The unifi TV login password is a 12-digit alphanumeric password that is used for:
• First time activation of the Set-Top Box, and
• Master PIN to reset your Purchase PIN/Parental PIN.
The unifi TV login password is printed in the confirmation slip given to you upon successful installation of the Set-Top Box. If you do not have the confirmation slip with you, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to get a new unifi TV login password. Either the TM unifi Centre will inform you of your new unifi TV login password, or you can request for it to be sent through an SMS or email.
- For unifi Plus Box and unifi PlayTV app users, to reset, download PlayTV app from App Store. Go to Profile, click Login and select Forgot Password to reset password.
- For users with older unifi TV media boxes (white & grey colour), please reach out to us via the Live Chat platform on www.unifi.com.my/chat.
The Purchase PIN is a 6-digit PIN number used to purchase unifi TV content such as Video on Demand (VOD), Series Video on Demand (SVOD), Series on Demand (SOD), premium channels, and any other paid content.
The activation PIN is 123456. This is a temporary PIN number and it’s compulsory for customers to change their PIN number to proceed with the purchase.
You can set your preferred Purchase PIN number yourself. Please proceed to the Settings option from the main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given an option to change your Purchase PIN number.
You can reset your Purchase PIN number yourself. Proceed to the Settings option from the Main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given an option to reset your Purchase PIN number. You will be asked to input your unifi TV Login password for authentication purposes.
The parental PIN is a 6-digit PIN number used to unlock or lock parental functions on channel(s) that has/have them activated.
The default PIN is 123456. For security reasons, it is advised that you change it to another 6-digit number.
You can set your preferred Parental PIN number yourself. Proceed to the Settings option from the main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given the option to change your Parental PIN number.
You can reset your Purchase and Parental PIN number yourself. Proceed to the Settings option from the main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given an option to reset your Purchase and Parental PIN number. You will be asked to input your unifi TV login password for authentication purposes.
You may call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to get a new unifi TV login password. Either the TM unifi Centre will inform you of your new unifi TV login password, or you can request for it to be sent through an SMS or email.
Yes, you can have the same PIN code for both Purchase and Parental functionalities. However, for security purposes, we advise you to have different 6-digit numbers for your Purchase and Parental PIN numbers.
No, you don’t have to key in the password every time you switch on to the unifi TV service.
unifi TV leverages on the broadband network with multicast and unicast technologies to deliver video content to our users.
Yes, you can watch 2 different channels using the Picture-In-Picture (PIP) feature. Press the R button on the remote control to activate the PIP feature.
Currently, you cannot record the content of unifi TV.
No, the service is delivered to your TV for the best viewing experience. Even with a TV tuner card installed in your PC, you will not be able to watch the unifi TV content because the content is encrypted and the decrypted version is only available on the unifi TV STB.
No, the service will not affect the quality of your normal TV channels.
Please ensure the AV and Ethernet cable connections as well as the connection between the RG and unifi TV STB are fixed and in place. For add-on content, please ensure that you have purchased the required content prior to viewing. If the problem persists, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for assistance and quote the error message on your TV screen.
First, please ensure your AV cable, RG and unifi TV STB connections are properly connected. Then, try rebooting your unifi TV STB. If the problem persists, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for assistance. Your monthly charge will not be waived.
Yes. You can use the buttons on the STB to help you navigate as well. Just open the front flip and you should see 6 buttons. However, do keep in mind that to have full functionality of unifi TV, a remote control is required.
a. That the remote control is pointed at the STB's signal receiver.
b. That the battery power is sufficient.
c. That the batteries are placed towards the right connecting poles.
If your remote is faulty, you may purchase a new one at selected TMPoints for RM25.
You can try to fine-tune the contrast/brightness setting of your TV. If the problem persists, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for assistance.
While we offer our subscribers a variety of TV channels and movies, some content may not be suitable for children. unifi TV provides a Parental Control feature that allows you to decide what your children can or cannot watch. This feature is available under the Settings tab and requires a 6-digit PIN code to activate. Click the Menu button and scroll down to find the Settings icon. Under Profile Information, select the Parental Control to lock/unlock any channels.
This problem should not occur as the video service and internet service are using different channels in the network and are independent of each other. If the problem persists, kindly contact our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller and we will be happy to assist you.
You could purchase an additional AV switch for multiple connections.
You will always be utilizing the full bandwidth capacity of your internet access irrespective of whether you are watching a unifi TV service or not.
Unfortunately, we do not offer additional AV cables. However, AV cables are available in many electrical stores.
For the time being, unifi TV is targeted to Malaysian households only. This means that unfortunately, you cannot access them outside of Malaysia.
Please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for maintenance and after-sales support. If we determine that the STB malfunctioned due to manufacturing defects, there will be no charge to replace the STB during the warranty period (as the warranty only covers 'manufactured faults'). Do keep in mind that any unauthorized repair / modifications on the STB will void the warranty.
Yes, a new STB will be given as a replacement. Our technical support will do all the installations and configurations needed. If we find that the STB itself is defective, no penalty fees will be charged to the customer within the warranty period. However, if it takes place after the warranty period, you will need to purchase the STB for RM300. In the case whereby the subscriber purchases a new STB, the warranty period for the new STB is 12 months from the point of purchase.
If it is within the warranty period, TM will replace the STB. However, after the warranty period, an additional charge of RM50 will be imposed for on-site visits by our personnel. In the event the STB is replaced, the warranty period shall still follow the first STB.
There is no warranty period for the remote control. You can purchase a replacement remote control from selected TMPoints for RM25.
Please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 fif you're an overseas caller for further assistance.
• unifi TV STB:
unifi TV STB has a twelve (12) month warranty period from the point of installation. For any faulty STB during the warranty period, a TM Authorized Service Agent will replace it with a new STB (1:1 replacement basis), no repair. Any defective item replaced during the warranty period itself shall be subject to a further warranty period as follows:
a. Where the residual term of the warranty period for the defective item is more than three (3) months, the replacement item shall resume the remainder of the warranty period until its completion. For example, If the defect occurs on the 3rd month, the remaining warranty period will be 9 months.
b. Where the residual term of the warranty period for the defective item is less than three (3) months, the supplier will provide a three (3) months warranty period from the date of replacement for the replacement item. For example, if defects occur on the 11th month, the warranty period of the replaced item will be 3 months.
• Remote control:
There is no warranty for the remote control.
We recommend you place the STB in a vertical position to maximize ventilation.
This is not advisable. Please refer to the User Guide for more details.
Free replacement of the STB will be given in the event the subscriber claims the STB has been stolen and produces a valid police report. The warranty period shall still follow the first STB.
You can purchase a unifi TV remote control for RM25 each.
You can purchase a unifi TV remote control at your nearest TM Point. However since the coverage of unify is still limited, you can currently only get it from selected TM Points. The list of the selected TM Points is provided.
As of now, there is no warranty period for the remote control. However, we will consider an optional warranty if there is demand for it in the future.
Each complete remote control set will come with 2 AAA size batteries.
As of now, we do not offer a variety of colours for the remote control. Everyone will be given the same coloured remote control.
No. We do not provide delivery for the remote control. You can walk in to the nearest TMPoint to purchase the remote control.
We do not advise you to do so to avoid any service interruptions. To ensure the quality of service is maintained, we suggest you purchase an original remote control from a TMpoint.
No. You do not need to return the old remote control.
The mode of payment over the counter is either cash or credit card. We will update if any more modes of payment become available.
You can start to buy remote controls from selected TMpoint outlets within the unifi area.
Remote controls are not part of our discounted items for TM staff.
Yes, you will receive the same model to ensure compatibility with your STB.
We will provide instructions for the remote control in the packaging.
As of now, you can only purchase a remote control from a TMPoint. However, if online sales become available, we will inform the customer.
Yes, anyone can purchase the remote control. It is not necessary for the account holder to purchase the remote control.
Since the cost of repair is more expensive, we advise customers to buy a new remote control.
No, you can just walk in to the nearest TMPoint to buy a remote control without preordering it.
Every transaction when buying the remote control will come with a receipt. You are advised to keep the receipt in case any issues arise. The front-liner will demo/try the remote control before they sell it. Thus, it is advised to check the receipt before you leave the store.
The RM5 difference between Astro's price and unifi TV's price does not indicate a deficiency in quality. We offer it to showr appreciation to our customers and as part of our strategic cost implementation.
All remote control sales are non-refundable.
To subscribe to a premium channel, you may follow these steps:
• As you browse through the channels, you will come across a premium channel that you have not subscribed to yet.
• You have the option to:
i) Press OK to view a 30 second preview of the channel. Do keep in mind that you are only allowed to preview a channel 3 times a day.
ii) Press the UP or DOWN navigation buttons to go to the Next or Previous channel.
• If you do not press any button within 5 seconds, a preview for the channel will play automatically.
• After the preview ends, a message will appear to ask if you would like to purchase the channel.
• If you do not wish to subscribe to the channel, you can press the UP or DOWN navigation buttons to go to the Next or Previous channel.
• If you press OK, you will be shown the pricing plan for the selected channel.
• Once you are satisfied and would like to purchase the channel, please proceed to press OK where you will be asked to key in your PIN.
• You can then press Confirm to complete your purchase.
• With this, your purchase is successful and you can immediately watch the new channel.
• However, if you have entered an invalid PIN, a message box will appear to inform you that the PIN is wrong. You are allowed a maximum of 5 tries to key in your PIN number. After the 5th try, your PIN will be blocked. This is to ensure security for purchases.
• You will then need to wait for 2 hours until the PIN to get unblocked.
Content offered via VOD services includes movie titles from the Hollywood, Malaysia and Asian regions. This service also offers on-demand content such as dramas, documentaries and popular TV shows so you can catch up on various programs broadcasted throughout our premium channels. Full details on VOD service offerings can be found here: https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/on-demand.
There are two ways you can access the Video On Demand services:
i. Click the VOD button on the remote control. You will automatically access the Video On Demand menu.
ii. Click the Menu button on the remote control. You will see the main menu on your TV screen. Scroll to the left or right until you come to the VOD icon. When you see the VOD icon, click OK and you will be directed to the Video On Demand menu.
The number of movies and series are not fixed as we maintain a frequent and regular refresh rate. TM will continue to add to the number of titles to keep providing you with more choice and selection.
The Video On Demand service in unifi TV is different because it allows you to select which movies and series you want to watch. Once selected, you can choose to watch the movie any time you want without having to follow the schedule. You can also choose to watch it as many times as you like. While watching, you can even use functions like pause, rewind and fast forward, as well as bookmark!
No, new content will be added to the selection list every month. This is called Content Refreshed.
The refresh rate for content varies from time to time. The regular Content Refreshed will allow more time to enjoy the different content that is offered. However, for the latest information, please refer to our to: https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/on-demand.
The content is refreshed on a monthly basis.
A title will be made available via the GUI from 1 to 6 months for you to enjoy. Note that all viewing periods are valid in accordance to the content validity period.
Details of each title can be found on the Info page of the particular video in the GUI. Details include price, synopsis, program classification, genre, duration, episode number & title, director(s) and the cast.
Similar to a bookmark in a book, the bookmark feature lets you mark where you last left off a particular video. Thus, when you want to continue watching, you can choose either to watch the video from the beginning or picking up from where you left off.
You can only set one bookmark for each video. However, you can set it as many time as you like. Only the last bookmark will be recorded.
You can set up to 40 bookmarks at any particular time for different videos.
1. When you want to watch a movie, you can choose to watch it from the beginning or from your last bookmark (if you had set one).
2. If you would like to view all your bookmarks, you can go to the My Bookmark category in the VOD menu. There, you can see all the bookmarks for all the videos that you have set.
Yes, you can delete a bookmark from the My Bookmark category in the VOD menu.
A bookmark will continue to be there until you delete it or until the video is no longer available for you to watch, i.e. the validity period has ended.
You can view your transaction history by going to the Purchase History page. Click the Y yellow button on your remote control when you are on the VOD menu.
Yes, you can. Use the Search function in the VOD menu. You can search using several categories; namely titles, cast and genres.
unifi TV is part of the unifi package for consumers. All unifi customers are automatically subscribed to unifi TV.
Please check https://unifi.com.my for the latest list of coverage areas.
If you are interested, you can register via the following:
• unifi TV website: https://unifi.com.my/tv
• TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller
• Visit selected TMpoint outlets currently in the unifi coverage areas. Please check https://unifi.com.my for the latest list of outlets.
No, only unifi customers can subscribe to unifi TV.
If you are interested, you can register via the following:
• unifi TV website: https://unifi.com.my/tv
• TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller
Currently, no. However, you can view the validity period from your Purchase History via the GUI.
unifi TV is part of the unifi package for consumers. All unifi customers are automatically subscribed to unifi TV. You must be a unifi subscriber first and foremost, and make sure of the following:
• Installation address must be within the coverage area of the TM HSBB Network;
• Get a unifi TV Box (which will be provided by TM) that includes:
a. STB installation guide
b. AV cable
c. unifi TV remote control with batteries
d. HDMI cable
e. Power cord
f. Network cable
g. USB cable
• Have a Residential Gateway (which will be provided by TM);
• Provide a 4-gang power extension cord.
TM will be responsible for delivering and installing the unifi TV STB and the RG to your premises.
Yes, you can relocate the unifi TV STB and RG from the living room to the bedroom and vice versa. The unifi TV STB includes 1m CAT5 Ethernet cable (blue), which your installer uses to connect to the TM Routing Gateway (RG). If you wish to relocate the STB to a different location, you can purchase your own CAT5 Ethernet cable (up to 100m) at any electronic store. However, TM shall not be held responsible for any losses or damages due to any illegal or unauthorised installation done by unaccredited parties.
No, TM needs to install a unifi TV STB and replace your current Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) modem with a Residential Gateway (RG) for service provisioning.
Customers who prefer to have a different location for their desktop PC or TV set are encouraged to buy a USB Wifi Adaptor at a subsidized price by TM. USB Wifi Adaptor available for RM40.
Please refer to the answer provided above.
Yes, one TV set can be connected to the STB using the HDMI cable while another TV set can be connected using the AV cable. However, both TV sets will show the same content at the same time.
No, each port is already configured for a specific service. For example, only the third port marked 'STB' can be connected to the STB. The STB is connected to the RG port labelled LAN4.
The STB will be installed together with your unifi package. The expected installation and testing for the unifi package will take approximately 4 to 8 hours, depending on the premises, due to the sensitive nature and complexity of fiber installations.
If you are relocating to another HSBB area, you can bring your unifi package which includes unifi TV with you. However, do please notify TM of your relocation. Relocation charges may apply.
Yes, however it must be together with your unifi package. You cannot suspend the unifi TV service alone. Please call our TM unifi Centre for more details.
Your unifi TV will automatically be terminated upon termination of your unifi package. You cannot terminate unifi TV alone.
If you are still within your unifi contract period, a termination penalty fee may apply.
Upon termination, treatment for unifi TV related CPEs (STB, remote control, HDMI cable etc.) shall follow the rules of unifi CPE as per:
• For early termination within 1 year from the activation date, TM will collect all the CPEs.
• Customers shall not return the CPEs if termination took place after 1 year onwards from the activation date.
No, in order to enjoy your unifi TV service, you must be a unifi subscriber. Please call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for more details.
You can terminate your unifi TV subscription via any of the following methods:
• TM unifi Centre: You may call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller.
• TMpoint: You may visit any nearby TMpoint outlets.
The termination will be immediate. However, for the monthly subscription service(s), you can still view the content up to the date of your next billing cycle.
This promotion will commence on 1 August 2011 and is exclusive for new unifi customers whose installation of unifi was completed from 1 August 2011.
|Installation Date||Viewing Entitlement Period|
|1 August 2011 onwards||30 days, effective from the installation date|
You do not need to sign up for this promotion. TM will identify all eligible customers and automatically activate their service if the promotion applies.
The 30 days of unifi TV Free Viewing of all premium channels and selected SVOD will become available from 1 August 2011.
To enjoy the 30 days of unifi TV Free Viewing promotion, you need to have a unifi TV Set-Top Box (STB). To have the STB, you may need to call TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to set an appointment for installation.
Yes, provided that you install the unifi TV STB within the promotional period, your viewing entitlement will follow the above table.
No, this promotion is only applicable for the premium channels and SVOD, and no rebate will be given.
No, viewing entitlement is as of the installation date and registration date only. You can't choose a preferred time to enjoy the free viewing.
No, only selected premium channels and 2 VOD categories are offered under this promotion. You can't choose any other VOD title.
Yes, you will still receive the HD channel through your normal TV but the quality will be in Standard Definition (SD).
Yes, you will enjoy additional premium channels in your free viewing period should TM add any new premium channels within the promotional period.
No, you don't need to call for termination. Just like activation, the termination will be done automatically.
You will receive promotional notifications through your unifi email, a briefing by your TM installer during installation, and you can also check the details through our unifi TV website.
Yes, this promotion is applicable to all unifi packages.
TM has the right to extend the promotional period for this promotion. We will update you with the latest developments as in when they happen.
No. However, you can subscribe to the premium channels after the promotion period ends.
The subscribed channel(s) are still chargeable and proration may apply in your billing once the promotional viewing starts. Once the free viewing period ends, billing for the channels(s) you have subscribed to will resume.
a. TM reserves the rights to remove, replace, reduce or add the number of unifi TV premium channels in this promotion.
b. VOD channels under the Free Viewing promotion are pre-determined and cannot be changed to other VOD channels.
For the full listing of channels offered, kindly refer to: https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv. TM reserves the right to remove, replace, reduce or add to the number of unifi TV Broadcast TV Channels.
The live channels that are being offered are from the variety of local Broadcast TV and international Broadcast TV.
Guide is a program guide, similar to a TV channel guide. It tells you which programs are showing for each channel at any particular time. You can also view the synopsis of the programs to help you choose which program to watch.
This guide allows you to look at each channel’s program list for a particular day. You can choose the day or channel you want to view.
This guide allows you to look at each channel’s program list for the whole week at a glance. You can also choose the day or channel you want to view. From the Weekly Program Guide, you can view the program list from 7 days back and up to 7 days ahead.
This guide shows you the program of several channels throughout the day at a glance. You can also choose the day or channel you want to view. Here you can compare which programs are available on different channels at the same time.
You can set a reminder by pressing the R button when you are at any of the 3 guides listed above.
You can set up to 10 reminders.
Yes you can. The reminders will be queued: the 1st reminder will be shown first, followed by the others.
• The Mosaic feature allows you to view all the channels you have subscribed to on one page. It is a useful tool as you can view what programs are showing on all the channels at once.
• To access the User System feature, just press channel number 99.
• To access the System Mosaic feature, just press channel number 100.
• From each Mosaic page, you may choose any channel to view by navigating the arrow keys and clicking OK.
This Mosaic feature is to allow you to view the Broadcast TV Channels because the channels are all broadcasted concurrently. So with the Mosaic view, you can look at the channels all at once to select what you want to watch. Meanwhile, for VOD and Interactive applications, you can choose which one you want to watch at any time.
Currently, the system is only able to show 45 channels on one Mosaic page. We will continue to improve the viewing experience as we add additional channels.
Favourites is a feature which allows you to set any of the channels that you subscribe to as favourites so you can refer to them easily.
You can set a channel as a favourite via the Mosaic on channel 100. Just follow the instructions written on your TV screen. Alternatively, you may select your favourite channels by going to Settings and choose Favourites.
You can set as many channels as favourites as you like. These channels can be accessed from your User Mosaic, channel 100.
• Similar to all multi-channel Pay TV services around the world, unifi TV provides you with the convenience of watching all your favourite programs, even if they are playing simultaneously on different channels.
• If you are unable to watch your desired program for some reason, you can catch the missed program at a different time.
• The PIP feature allows you to view a TV channel on a small screen while you watch another one on the big screen.
• With this function, you can find other programs and, at the same time, not miss the current show you are watching.
• To activate PIP, press the R button on your remote control.
• You can surf through the channels in the PIP screen using the Y and B buttons. Once you have found the channel that you like, you can then swap between the small and big screens using the G button on the remote control.
You can use PIP as many times as you like while watching a TV show.
• No, you cannot use PIP while watching VOD or Interactive applications.
• However, in the VOD and Interactive menu, there is a PIP screen where you can still watch the live TV channel.
• For certain channels, unifi TV may provide several audio languages for the customer to choose from.
• Currently, this feature is available for Euronews and LUXE.TV HD. You can choose between English and French.
• To activate Audio Selection, please click on the I/II button on your remote control.
• Yes, you can search for TV programs via the Search function in the Settings menu.
• Click on the Menu button on the remote control.
• Navigate left or right until you come to Search, then click OK.
• You can then type the name of the program that you are looking for.
• This feature allows you to pause live TV programs.
• You can also rewind up to 2 hours back from the current viewing time.
• To use the TSTV feature, use the following buttons on your remote control:
- II (pause icon) – to activate the TSTV feature. The live program will pause. To resume watching the live program, press the pause button again.
- PG UP – to go back 2 hours from the current viewing time.
- PG DOWN – to go to the current viewing time.
You can pause programs for up to 2 hours.
No, we only allow you to rewind up to 2 hours back.
You may only go back to view programs you have missed via the TSTV feature.
The TSTV feature's availability varies, depending on the channels and programs. Press Guide on your remote control or refer to https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv for further details.
The TSTV feature is made available based on the type of licensing arrangement we have with our content providers. We make the TSTV feature available on the channels that provide this feature.
The TSTV feature is not chargeable and is made free for all unifi TV subscribers.
Catch Up TV is a feature that allows you to catch up on missed programs up to 7 days back.
You may access past programs via the Weekly Program Guide. The channels that have the Catch Up TV feature will have the Catch Up logo beside it. To watch a past program, browse UP or DOWN to highlight the program in the Weekly Program Guide, then press OK button. The program will play similarly like a VOD. Once the program you have selected has finished, the next program in the EPG will play until you press the STOP button.
Currently, you can only watch past programs up to 7 days back.
Catch Up TV feature availability varies, depending on the channels and programs. Press Guide on your remote control or refer to https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv for details.
The Catch Up TV feature is made available based on the type of licensing arrangement with our content providers. We make the Catch Up TV feature available on the channels that provide this feature.
The Catch Up TV feature is not chargeable and is made free for all unifi TV subscribers.
The content will not be the same as Catch UP TV3 online as the channels on unifi TV that offer the Catch Up TV feature are different.
Highlights Channel is a channel dedicated to feature unifi TV content promos which show the highlights of TV programd, VOD, Interactive applications, etc.
- unifi playTV is an app that can be downloaded from Google PlayStore on Android, Apple App Store on iOS and AppGallery on Huawei.
- unifi playTV enables you to stream and watch live TV channels and On-demand content on Android (Android Mobile and certified Android TV devices), iOS (iPhone and iPad) and computer browser (to subscribe only) This is in addition to watching unifi TV via your unifi TV Box and unifi Plus Box on your television set.
- unifi TV is an IPTV service offered by Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) through unifi, as part of unifi Home and Business packages.
- You can watch variety of Live TV channels by subscribing to unifi TV packs or you can subscribe to any channels via ala-carte. There are also selections of On Demand movies from Hollywood, Local, Asian and Europe that you can purchase per title.
The Live TV Channels can be subscribed individually at any time. You can also subscribe to more than one pack with various channels for more value of your money.
On-Demand allows the subscribers to watch the selected movies or TV content at their convenience. Customers can enjoy the content within 48 hours from the time of purchase.
Catch-up TV is a feature that allows you to watch the programmes you have missed. The programmes are available for your viewing for seven (7) days from the moment you’ve downloaded them.
Note: Due to content rights and licensing, the availability of the feature may vary. Click https://unifi.com.my/tv/packages/index.html to view the full list of available channels.
Parental Control function allows you to restrict viewing and purchases of inappropriate TV programmes based on your preference by locking the channel using the Parental PIN.
Note: Parental PIN is similar to Purchase PIN.
Purchase PIN will enable you to subscribe Live Channels or buy On-Demand movies.
Note: Purchase PIN is only available for unifi TV subscribers
- The Time Shift function allows you to watch the recording of a programme within a time frame period to be viewed later at your convenience.
- The steps are simple: just moves the slider backwards to watch the recorded programme on the selected channels. You can view up to two (2) hours of recorded content.
For Android Mobile and certified Android TV devices, kindly download the latest app version into the compatible devices running on Lollipop (5.0) or any latest Android version.
For iPhone and iPad, kindly download the latest app version with the compatible devices running on iOS 11 to the latest iOS version.
- At this moment, unifi playTV for PC Browser is available for making subscription only. You may proceed to make content purchases and continue to watch via the mobile app or unifi Plus Box.
- Log on to https://playtv.unifi.com.my to subscribe to unifi playTV.
- For unifi TV pack subscribers, you will be able to enjoy a complementary user ID, depending on your unifi broadband plan. Minimum complementary ID given can be used on two (2) concurrent devices
- All you need to do is download the unifi playTV and login using your unifi TV ID.
- You can also upgrade to a plan that enables five (5) devices sharing at only RM10 monthly.
Note: For unifi TV subscribers, your login ID will be xxx@iptv or xxx@tvos.
To subscribe, please key in your Purchase PIN and your purchase will be reflected together in your unifi bill.
- If you have forgotten your password, just reset through your unifi playTV app from your mobile device, by following this steps:
a. Launch your unifi playTV app
b. Select “Forgot password”
c. Key-in your login ID
d. Select your preferred option to receive the verification code (the code will be sent to your registered mobile number or email). For unifi customers, please verify your mobile number, you may need to contact us if you have recently updated your mobile number.
e.Key-in verification code
f. Key-in new password
- Your default purchase PIN is 123456. If you have forgotten your purchase PIN, you may reset the PIN by using unifi playTV app.
- Simply go to: Profile > View My Profile > PIN > Reset PIN.
- Please follow the steps as below :
a) Enter your unifi playTV password
b) Enter new PIN
c) Confirm PIN
- Yes you can, simply register using your Facebook ID or mobile number.
- This method will allow you to login via two (2) devices simultaneously.
- For new registration via mobile & Facebook, you can enjoy an unlimited access to all premium channels except France 24 and NHK World Premium channel.
- You are required to re-subscribe to the content or any preferred package upon the expiry of the unlimited access.
- You can pick and choose any three (3) premium channels according to the pricing below:
a) Daily Pack for RM1
b) Weekly Pack for RM5
c) Monthly Pack for RM15.
Note: TM reserves the right to add, delete or make any changes to the Content.
You can subscribe to any channels via a-la carte or by subscribing to VOD through any of these methods:
- Credit Card / Debit Card*
- unifi Mobile bill
- Digi bill
- U Mobile bill
- Others** - FPX, Credit Card/Debit Card & eWallet (TnGo, GrabPay and Boost)
*via TM payment gateway
**via ipay88 payment gateway
There are two (2) ways to terminate the auto subscriptions.
- Via App :
a) Go to Settings
b) Click Subscriptions
c) Click Channel/Packages
d) Pick channels to terminate
e) Click unsubscribe
- Via SMS (only for unifi Mobile users):
a) Go to SMS (received when you bought the channel)
b) Click at the given link
c) Click Cancel Subscription
- Check your Android or iOS version. Please note that the app can only with compatible versions of operating system.
- The app also does not work with jailbroken iOS and rooted Android devices.
This may be due to the following reasons :
- Incorrect user ID and password - Make sure that you typed in the correct ID and password.
- For unifi TV subscribers - please use the pre-defined ID : xxx@iptv OR xxx@tvos. Your ID is stated on your unifi bill and myunifi app
- For non-unifi TV and non-unifi broadband subscribers - your user ID can be your mobile number or Facebook ID.
- If you have forgotten your password, just reset through your unifi playTV app from your mobile device, by following this steps:
a) Launch your unifi playTV app
b) Select “Forgot password”
c) Key-in your login ID
d) Select your preferred option to receive the verification code (the code will be sent to your registered mobile number or email). For unifi customers, please verify your mobile number, you may need to contact us if you have recently updated your mobile number.
e) Key-in verification code
f) Key-in new password
Note: If you failed to login using Facebook ID - Clear the app cache and re-login or re-install the app.
- Possible connectivity error - check your data or Wi-Fi connection, ensure that you are connected to the Internet
- Maximum device login reached - try to logout from other device that is currently running the app.
Our system might not be able to process the transaction. Email us immediately at email@example.com or contact us via unifi’s social media account and share the details of your transactions.
On your device settings:
- For Android device: Go to Settings > Application manager > playtv@unifi > tap on notifications > then turn off the notifications.
- For iOS device: Go to Profile> Settings> turnOFF “Get Push Notifications”.
If you’re having problem to stream unifi TV from your Android device:
- Please ensure that you are watching on the latest certified Android TV OS device.
- Please ensure that you have sufficient download speed. The recommended minimum download speed is 30Mbps. The streaming quality will be based on the bandwidth speed available to ensure good video stream experience.
However, if the problem still persists, try resolving the issue with these steps:
- Check your internet connection by improving your Wi-Fi signal:
a) Move your router to a new location to improve the signal strength
b) To check any wireless interference from other devices such as cordless phone or microwave
c) It is also advisable to keep the number of connected devices minimal to ensure that you have sufficient bandwidth for streaming unifi TV via your Android device
- Restart your Android device and run unifi TV app
- Clear the unifi TV data
a) Go to Settings > Apps > unifi TV
b) Search for Clear Data menu, then press OK
If you have completed the steps as above but still unable to stream unifi TV, contact us via Live Chat and share your error code or issues that you are facing.
unifi playTV app can only be viewed within Malaysia. This is due to restriction of the content viewing rights as stated by the content providers
Currently unifi playTV app does not support casting using Chromecast or other similar casting sticks.
We are sorry, offline viewing feature is not available at the moment.
At this moment, multiple subtitles/audio function is only available for selected Live TV Channels & On-Demand titles.
We’re sorry, content cannot be purchased via an iOS app at the moment. However, you can purchase it from your Set-Top Box or from unifi.com.my and view it later on the iOS app with the same user account.
Good news! Now you can download unifi playTV from Google Play Store on your Android device (running on Android TV OS only)
The device must be Google certified and running on Android TV OS.
Android TV OS is a version of the Android operating system, certified by Google for digital media players, set-top boxes, sound bars, and TVs.
The difference between Android TV and Android TV OS is in the operating system itself. Android TV has a special user interface and services that are specifically designed for TV only.
Follow these simple steps to download unifi playTV:
- Open Google Play Store and search for “unifi TV”
- Install the unifi playTV
- Key-in your unifi playTV ID and password
- Enjoy watching!
You might not be able to download unifi playTV if:
- Your Android device is not Google certified
- Your Android device is not running on Android TV OS
- At this moment, unifi playTV via Android TV OS is only available for unifi TV pack subscribers.
- As unifi TV pack subscribers, you will be able to enjoy a complementary user ID, depending on your unifi broadband plan. Minimum complementary ID given can be used on two (2) concurrent devices
No, you can’t. However, you may continue to enjoy unifi TV via unifi playTV from your mobile device, tablets or iPad using your mobile number account/Facebook ID
- The unifi playTV QR scanner is the latest feature available for unifi Home customers with unifi TV. The QR scanner feature on unifi playTV will help simplify the login method for unifi Plus Box and will also ease customers to participate in contests for unifi TV customers.
- unifi Plus Box customers are now able to scan the QR code on their TV screen to start viewing unifi TV on unifi Plus Box by scanning QR code from their unifi playTV app.
- With this function unifi Plus Box customer have the flexibility to login to their unifi Plus Box without using unifi Plus Box remote control and your TV screen keyboard.
- Just download the latest unifi playTV app on your device -mobile, tablet or iPad (downloadable from AppStore on iOS, Google Playstore on Android and AppGallery on Huawei) and follow these simple steps:
a) Launch unifi playTV app and login using your unifi play TV login ID on your device
b) Go to ”Profile” and choose “QR scan”
- For unifi Plus Box – unifi playTV login ID will be xxx@iptv
- For unifi TV subscriber – unifi playTV login ID will be xxx@iptv OR xxx@tvos
- How to login to unifi Plus Box using QR Scanner?
a) Launch unifi TV app from your unifi Plus Box
b) Use the “QR Scan” feature in unifi playTV app to scan the QR code on your TV screen to authorise login
c) All done, now you can enjoy watching!
- How to join the contest via QR Scanner?
a) Use the “QR Scan” feature in unifi playTV app to scan the QR code that will appear on your TV screen
b) Join the contest and stand a chance to win attractive prizes. Kindly note, the contest will be based on campaign basis and we will announce it from time to time.
The service is available only to unifi Home subscribers with unifi TV subscription.
We are sorry. This feature is only available on unifi playTV app on Android and iOS (mobile, tablet and iPad)
- Yes, you can still use your phone’s camera or any third party QR scanner app.
- Upon scanning, you will be directed to the AppStore on iOS, Google Playstore on Android or AppGallery on Huawei to install or launch the unifi playTV app.
- Simply key-in your unifi playTV ID and password on unifi playTV app and scan the QR code again using the QR scanner on the app to start viewing.
If you have forgotten your password, just reset through your unifi playTV app from your mobile device, by following this steps:
- Launch your unifi playTV app
- Select “Forgot password”
- Key-in your login ID
- Select your preferred option to receive the verification code (the code will be sent to your registered mobile number or email). For unifi customers, please verify your mobile number, you may need to contact us if you have recently updated your mobile number.
- Key-in verification code
- Key-in new password
To enjoy the QR scanner function you need to be a unifi TV customer or upgrade your unifi Home with unifi TV subscription to enjoy the new QR scanner feature.
For fast feedback and solution, you may visit https://community.unifi.com.my/ for self-troubleshooting guide, tips and tricks.
Alternatively, you may contact us via our digital channels below: