Select a category to filter
Products (1 results)
All-in-one Ultimate Pack
70+ channels and 3 streaming apps
The ultimate entertainment pack for your and your entire family! Enjoy ALL of unifi TV channels including Nickelodeon, tvN, HyppSensasi, Warner TV, Celestial Movies, AXN, GEM, K-Plus, Animax and many more.
This pack also comes with exclusive access to streaming apps like BBC Player, Lionsgate Play and additional 1 app of your choice. Activate here.
Terms and conditions apply.
Help & Support (106 results)
What is unifi TV?
unifi TV (formerly known as HyppTV) is an IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service where TV content is delivered digitally through an internet network. In TM’s case, the content is delivered through a high speed broadband service right to your television set via a TM-provided unifi TV Box. It offers you On Demand services, Interactive applications and the ability to broadcast live TV channels. It is offered as part of our unifi consumer packages.
Is there any difference between the current unifi TV and the previous HyppTV?
No, there is no difference between them. Your package and viewing experience will continue without any interruptions.
What are the key offerings of unifi TV?
There are many new offerings that unifi TV brings to you.
• unifi TV provides you with a new TV experience where you can do more with your TV!
• Be in control of your TV – you only need to pay for the broadcast live TV channels and on-demand services that you want to watch.
• Be the first to watch shows 24 hours from their US release – some of our series, such as CSI, are made available to you on unifi TV within 24 hours from when they were first shown in the US. Just subscribe to the package to enjoy this.
• No more fixed schedules so you can watch TV whenever you want – for On Demand services, you can choose what to watch at your convenience.
• Be in control of your TV – you only need to pay for the broadcast live TV channels and On Demand services that you want to watch.
• Enjoy your TV come rain or shine with no disruptions – you can watch TV any time, throughout all kinds of weather.
• Interactive applications - we bring internet interactivity to the TV.
Can I still watch unifi TV programs during bad weather?
Yes. You can still enjoy your unifi TV programs even during bad weather. This is because unifi TV is offered over high speed broadband and so, it is unaffected by bad weather.
What is the difference between unifi TV and other satellite TV operators?
• unifi TV is different from other satellite TV operators in that it is delivered via a high speed broadband network to your TV. This gives you added benefits such as not being affected by bad weather. Being on a broadband platform also lets you experience our Interactive applications.
• unifi TV also differs in term of the pricing model where we take on an on-demand approach. This means you pay only for the live TV channels, movies or series you want to watch rather than paying for the entire package.
I have already subscribed to another Pay TV service, can I still subscribe to unifi TV?
Yes, you can still subscribe to unifi TV even if you have already subscribed to another Pay TV service. This is because unifi TV uses unifi's high speed broadband to deliver its content and so, it won't affect the other Pay TV service.
When I watch unifi TV, will it impact my other Pay TV service?
No. As long as you can connect both services to your TV, you can choose to watch either one.
Can I watch unifi TV and access the internet at the same time?
Yes, you can watch unifi TV and access the internet at the same time. unifi TV will not disrupt your internet experience.
Can I subscribe to unifi TV without subscribing to unifi?
No. You have to subscribe to unifi since unifi TV is offered as a triple-play offering under unifi that includes internet, video (of unifi TV), and Voice.
Can I choose to only have either live TV channels or Video On Demand on my unifi TV?
Yes. You can choose any of the value added services from our premium live TV channels and/or Video On Demand on top of the free basic offering.
What are the different types of content offered by unifi TV?
There are mainly 3 types of content offered by unifi TV. In brief, they are:
• Video On Demand: Subscriber is able to purchase movies, TV series or programs and exclusive content through our Video On Demand (VOD) service.
• Interactive applications: These applications are offered for free to all unifi consumer subscribers, unless stated otherwise. The applications include TED.com, TV Apps and more!
• Broadcast live TV channels:
a) Broadcast live TV channels includes both international and local live TV channels.
b) unifi TV Free Channels: These are bundled with and part of all unifi consumer packages.
c) unifi TV Premium Channels: All unifi consumer packages’ customers can purchase the following channels individually at a unique price per channel. All channels' latest offering listing can be found on https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv.html
What is High Definition (HD) video?
• High Definition video refers to a video system with a resolution that is far superior and sharper than the current analogue TV or Standard Definition TV.
• unifi TV HD video features display resolutions of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080i).
• To fully enjoy the HD video content, you will require an HD-Ready TV set to start with.
What is the unifi TV Graphical User Interface (GUI)?
• unifi TV Graphical User Interface (GUI) is a type of user interface that allows you to interact with all the content within the unifi TV service. It offers graphical icons, symbols and visual indicators to provide instructions that fully represent the information available to a user via the remote control. This helps you navigate through the service and get to the content that you want. Please refer to the User Guide on how to use the GUI.
Do I need to change to my preferred language every time I turn on my unifi TV?
No, once you change the language in Settings, it will be saved until you choose to change it again.
Do I need to change the start-up screen every time I switch on to unifi TV?
No, once you change the start-up screen in Settings, it will be saved until you make other changes.
Are there any basic monthly unifi TV service charges?
There are NO basic monthly charges for unifi TV.
Is there any installation fee for unifi TV?
No, the installation fee for unifi TV is already included in the unifi package.
Is there any commitment period for unifi TV?
The minimum contract period for the unifi TV service will be in accordance to your unifi contract. For monthly-based subscription content like premium channels, Home Cinema, and Kids' Favourite, the subscription will only be cancelled or terminated upon the customer’s request. Otherwise, it will automatically be renewed every month.
How do I purchase a premium channel?
• Via unifi TV EPG – when you browse through an unsubscribed premium channel, you will be given an option to subscribe to it by clicking the Confirm button. You will then be asked to enter your PIN to confirm the purchase. Once you have successfully subscribed, you will be able to enjoy the channel as usual.
• Via TMUC - Call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller and mention your unifi TV user ID and the channel(s) you wish to subscribe to.
• Via TMpoint - Visit any nearby TMpoint outlets and mention your unifi TV user ID and the channel(s) you wish to subscribe to.
• myunifi Portal - Login to the unifi Self Care (http://https://unifi.com.my) and follow the instructions accordingly.
How do I purchase On Demand content?
Via unifi TV EPG – when you browse through an unsubscribed On Demand content, you will be given the option to subscribe to it by clicking the Confirm button. You will then be asked to enter your PIN to confirm the purchase. Once you have successfully subscribed, you will be able to enjoy the content as usual.
Will there be any charges if I am late in making my payments?
If you are late in making any payments, your unifi service will be suspended (along with unifi TV). However, there will be no charges incurred for a late payment.
What if I were to terminate my unifi TV service only? Would there be any penalty/charges/proration?
Proration will be applicable for monthly-based subscription content like premium channels, Home Cinema, and Kids' Favourite only.
What is the unifi TV login password?
The unifi TV login password is a 12-digit alphanumeric password that is used for:
• First time activation of the Set-Top Box, and
• Master PIN to reset your Purchase PIN/Parental PIN.
Where can I get my unifi TV login password?
The unifi TV login password is printed in the confirmation slip given to you upon successful installation of the Set-Top Box. If you do not have the confirmation slip with you, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to get a new unifi TV login password. Either the TM unifi Centre will inform you of your new unifi TV login password, or you can request for it to be sent through an SMS or email.
How do I change my unifi TV login password?
- For unifi Plus Box and unifi PlayTV app users, to reset, download PlayTV app from App Store. Go to Profile, click Login and select Forgot Password to reset password.
- For users with older unifi TV media boxes (white & grey colour), please reach out to us via the Live Chat platform on www.unifi.com.my/chat.
What is the Purchase PIN Number used for?
The Purchase PIN is a 6-digit PIN number used to purchase unifi TV content such as Video on Demand (VOD), Series Video on Demand (SVOD), Series on Demand (SOD), premium channels, and any other paid content.
How do I reset my Purchase PIN number?
You can reset your Purchase PIN number yourself. Proceed to the Settings option from the Main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given an option to reset your Purchase PIN number. You will be asked to input your unifi TV Login password for authentication purposes.
What if I forget my Purchase PIN number / Parental PIN number?
You can reset your Purchase and Parental PIN number yourself. Proceed to the Settings option from the main menu and click on the Change PIN header under Profile Information. From there, you are given an option to reset your Purchase and Parental PIN number. You will be asked to input your unifi TV login password for authentication purposes.
What if I forget my unifi TV login Password?
You may call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to get a new unifi TV login password. Either the TM unifi Centre will inform you of your new unifi TV login password, or you can request for it to be sent through an SMS or email.
Do I need to key in my IPTV login password every time I switch to the unifi TV service?
No, you don’t have to key in the password every time you switch on to the unifi TV service.
What is the technology being used by the unifi TV service?
unifi TV leverages on the broadband network with multicast and unicast technologies to deliver video content to our users.
Can I watch unifi TV on my PC? How about if I use a TV tuner card on my PC?
No, the service is delivered to your TV for the best viewing experience. Even with a TV tuner card installed in your PC, you will not be able to watch the unifi TV content because the content is encrypted and the decrypted version is only available on the unifi TV STB.
Will the unifi TV service affect the quality of my normal TV channels?
No, the service will not affect the quality of your normal TV channels.
What if my unifi TV shows an error which is preventing me from viewing the content?
Please ensure the AV and Ethernet cable connections as well as the connection between the RG and unifi TV STB are fixed and in place. For add-on content, please ensure that you have purchased the required content prior to viewing. If the problem persists, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for assistance and quote the error message on your TV screen.
My Set-Top Box (STB) has no signal, what can I do? Will my monthly charge be waived?
First, please ensure your AV cable, RG and unifi TV STB connections are properly connected. Then, try rebooting your unifi TV STB. If the problem persists, please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for assistance. Your monthly charge will not be waived.
Can I navigate the unifi TV menu without the remote?
Yes. You can use the buttons on the STB to help you navigate as well. Just open the front flip and you should see 6 buttons. However, do keep in mind that to have full functionality of unifi TV, a remote control is required.
How can I prevent my children from watching any films or programs that are not suitable for them?
While we offer our subscribers a variety of TV channels and movies, some content may not be suitable for children. unifi TV provides a Parental Control feature that allows you to decide what your children can or cannot watch. This feature is available under the Settings tab and requires a 6-digit PIN code to activate. Click the Menu button and scroll down to find the Settings icon. Under Profile Information, select the Parental Control to lock/unlock any channels.
Why does the speed of my internet connection drop when I use my broadband and unifi TV service at the same time?
This problem should not occur as the video service and internet service are using different channels in the network and are independent of each other. If the problem persists, kindly contact our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller and we will be happy to assist you.
If my TV AV ports are fully filled up with my current devices, how can I watch unifi TV services?
You could purchase an additional AV switch for multiple connections.
How can I utilise the full bandwidth of my internet access?
You will always be utilizing the full bandwidth capacity of your internet access irrespective of whether you are watching a unifi TV service or not.
How can I access unifi TV channels outside of Malaysia?
For the time being, unifi TV is targeted to Malaysian households only. This means that unfortunately, you cannot access them outside of Malaysia.
What if my unifi TV STB malfunctions? Can TM send someone to check the unit? Will I need to pay?
Please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for maintenance and after-sales support. If we determine that the STB malfunctioned due to manufacturing defects, there will be no charge to replace the STB during the warranty period (as the warranty only covers 'manufactured faults'). Do keep in mind that any unauthorized repair / modifications on the STB will void the warranty.
Will you give me a new STB when your personnel take away my defective decoder? Will you held me to re-install the unifi TV? How much will it cost?
Yes, a new STB will be given as a replacement. Our technical support will do all the installations and configurations needed. If we find that the STB itself is defective, no penalty fees will be charged to the customer within the warranty period. However, if it takes place after the warranty period, you will need to purchase the STB for RM300. In the case whereby the subscriber purchases a new STB, the warranty period for the new STB is 12 months from the point of purchase.
What if my phone or fax services are affected after installing the unifi TV?
Please call our TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 fif you're an overseas caller for further assistance.
What are the warranty periods of the unifi TV STB and remote control?
• unifi TV STB:
unifi TV STB has a twelve (12) month warranty period from the point of installation. For any faulty STB during the warranty period, a TM Authorized Service Agent will replace it with a new STB (1:1 replacement basis), no repair. Any defective item replaced during the warranty period itself shall be subject to a further warranty period as follows:
a. Where the residual term of the warranty period for the defective item is more than three (3) months, the replacement item shall resume the remainder of the warranty period until its completion. For example, If the defect occurs on the 3rd month, the remaining warranty period will be 9 months.
b. Where the residual term of the warranty period for the defective item is less than three (3) months, the supplier will provide a three (3) months warranty period from the date of replacement for the replacement item. For example, if defects occur on the 11th month, the warranty period of the replaced item will be 3 months.
• Remote control:
There is no warranty for the remote control.
How much is the price of a unifi TV remote control?
You can purchase a unifi TV remote control for RM25 each.
Where can I get the remote control if my current remote control is broken/damaged?
You can purchase a unifi TV remote control at your nearest TM Point. However since the coverage of unify is still limited, you can currently only get it from selected TM Points. The list of the selected TM Points is provided.
Why is your remote control price cheaper than Astro's (RM30)? Is it poorer quality than theirs?
The RM5 difference between Astro's price and unifi TV's price does not indicate a deficiency in quality. We offer it to showr appreciation to our customers and as part of our strategic cost implementation.
Is the Video On Demand service in unifi TV similar to Astro On Demand and iflix?
The Video On Demand service in unifi TV is different because it allows you to select which movies and series you want to watch. Once selected, you can choose to watch the movie any time you want without having to follow the schedule. You can also choose to watch it as many times as you like. While watching, you can even use functions like pause, rewind and fast forward, as well as bookmark!
Who can subscribe to unifi TV?
unifi TV is part of the unifi package for consumers. All unifi customers are automatically subscribed to unifi TV.
Where can I subscribe to unifi TV services?
If you are interested, you can register via the following:
• unifi TV website: https://unifi.com.my/tv
• TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller
• Visit selected TMpoint outlets currently in the unifi coverage areas. Please check https://unifi.com.my for the latest list of outlets.
I am a non-unifi customer, can I still subscribe to unifi TV?
No, only unifi customers can subscribe to unifi TV.
If I am a unifi SME customer, can I subscribe to unifi TV?
If you are interested, you can register via the following:
• unifi TV website: https://unifi.com.my/tv
• TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller
What are the basic requirements, such as equipment, for installing the unifi TV service?
unifi TV is part of the unifi package for consumers. All unifi customers are automatically subscribed to unifi TV. You must be a unifi subscriber first and foremost, and make sure of the following:
• Installation address must be within the coverage area of the TM HSBB Network;
• Get a unifi TV Box (which will be provided by TM) that includes:
a. STB installation guide
b. AV cable
c. unifi TV remote control with batteries
d. HDMI cable
e. Power cord
f. Network cable
g. USB cable
• Have a Residential Gateway (which will be provided by TM);
• Provide a 4-gang power extension cord.
Can I use my existing modem for the unifi TV service and avoid any new installations?
No, TM needs to install a unifi TV STB and replace your current Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) modem with a Residential Gateway (RG) for service provisioning.
Who will be responsible for delivering the equipment to my premises?
TM will be responsible for delivering and installing the unifi TV STB and the RG to your premises.
Can I relocate my HSBB connection, STB and Residential Gateway from my living room to my bedroom and vice versa?
Yes, you can relocate the unifi TV STB and RG from the living room to the bedroom and vice versa. The unifi TV STB includes 1m CAT5 Ethernet cable (blue), which your installer uses to connect to the TM Routing Gateway (RG). If you wish to relocate the STB to a different location, you can purchase your own CAT5 Ethernet cable (up to 100m) at any electronic store. However, TM shall not be held responsible for any losses or damages due to any illegal or unauthorised installation done by unaccredited parties.
Can I watch unifi TV in my living room but have my PC in the bedroom connected to the internet?
Customers who prefer to have a different location for their desktop PC or TV set are encouraged to buy a USB Wifi Adaptor at a subsidized price by TM. USB Wifi Adaptor available for RM40.
Can I get service wiring to install unifi TV if my PC is far away from my TV?
Please refer to the answer provided above.
Can I connect my unifi TV STB to more than one TV set and watch concurrently?
Yes, one TV set can be connected to the STB using the HDMI cable while another TV set can be connected using the AV cable. However, both TV sets will show the same content at the same time.
Can I connect the unifi TV STB to any one of the 4 ports on the RG?
No, each port is already configured for a specific service. For example, only the third port marked 'STB' can be connected to the STB. The STB is connected to the RG port labelled LAN4.
How long will it take to install my unifi TV STB?
The STB will be installed together with your unifi package. The expected installation and testing for the unifi package will take approximately 4 to 8 hours, depending on the premises, due to the sensitive nature and complexity of fiber installations.
If I move to a new home, can I relocate my unifi TV?
If you are relocating to another HSBB area, you can bring your unifi package which includes unifi TV with you. However, do please notify TM of your relocation. Relocation charges may apply.
Can I temporarily suspend my unifi TV service?
Yes, however it must be together with your unifi package. You cannot suspend the unifi TV service alone. Please call our TM unifi Centre for more details.
Can I terminate my unifi TV?
Your unifi TV will automatically be terminated upon termination of your unifi package. You cannot terminate unifi TV alone.
Do I need to pay any penalty fees when I terminate the unifi TV service?
If you are still within your unifi contract period, a termination penalty fee may apply.
Do I have to return my STB once I terminate the unifi TV service?
Upon termination, treatment for unifi TV related CPEs (STB, remote control, HDMI cable etc.) shall follow the rules of unifi CPE as per:
• For early termination within 1 year from the activation date, TM will collect all the CPEs.
• Customers shall not return the CPEs if termination took place after 1 year onwards from the activation date.
Can I terminate my unifi service and still be a unifi TV subscriber?
No, in order to enjoy your unifi TV service, you must be a unifi subscriber. Please call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller for more details.
How do I terminate my unifi TV service?
You can terminate your unifi TV subscription via any of the following methods:
• TM unifi Centre: You may call the TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller.
• TMpoint: You may visit any nearby TMpoint outlets.
16.2. Can you explain what the 30 days unifi TV Free Viewing promotion is? Who is eligible for it?
This promotion will commence on 1 August 2011 and is exclusive for new unifi customers whose installation of unifi was completed from 1 August 2011.
|Installation Date||Viewing Entitlement Period|
|1 August 2011 onwards||30 days, effective from the installation date|
When will the 30 days unifi TV Free Viewing of all premium channels and SVOD become available?
The 30 days of unifi TV Free Viewing of all premium channels and selected SVOD will become available from 1 August 2011.
I have installed unifi but I don't have unifi TV. Can I install unifi TV and enjoy the promotion?
To enjoy the 30 days of unifi TV Free Viewing promotion, you need to have a unifi TV Set-Top Box (STB). To have the STB, you may need to call TM Contact Centre at 100 / +603-2241129 if you're an overseas caller to set an appointment for installation.
If I registered within the entitlement period but did not install the unifi TV Set-Top Box (STB), do I still receive this promotion if I agree to install the STB later?
Yes, provided that you install the unifi TV STB within the promotional period, your viewing entitlement will follow the above table.
Will I receive additional channels should unifi TV launch new channels within the promotional period?
Yes, you will enjoy additional premium channels in your free viewing period should TM add any new premium channels within the promotional period.
How will I be informed about this promotion?
You will receive promotional notifications through your unifi email, a briefing by your TM installer during installation, and you can also check the details through our unifi TV website.
Any other terms and conditions?
a. TM reserves the rights to remove, replace, reduce or add the number of unifi TV premium channels in this promotion.
b. VOD channels under the Free Viewing promotion are pre-determined and cannot be changed to other VOD channels.
How many channels are in unifi TV?
For the full listing of channels offered, kindly refer to: https://unifi.com.my/tv/whats-hot/live-tv. TM reserves the right to remove, replace, reduce or add to the number of unifi TV Broadcast TV Channels.
What are the channels in unifi TV?
The live channels that are being offered are from the variety of local Broadcast TV and international Broadcast TV.
Why are the programs in the channels always repeating?
• Similar to all multi-channel Pay TV services around the world, unifi TV provides you with the convenience of watching all your favourite programs, even if they are playing simultaneously on different channels.
• If you are unable to watch your desired program for some reason, you can catch the missed program at a different time.
What is Audio Selection?
• For certain channels, unifi TV may provide several audio languages for the customer to choose from.
• Currently, this feature is available for Euronews and LUXE.TV HD. You can choose between English and French.
• To activate Audio Selection, please click on the I/II button on your remote control.
Do I have to pay extra to use the TSTV feature?
The TSTV feature is not chargeable and is made free for all unifi TV subscribers.
Do I have to pay extra to use the Catch Up TV feature?
The Catch Up TV feature is not chargeable and is made free for all unifi TV subscribers.
Is the content similar to Catch Up TV3 online?
The content will not be the same as Catch UP TV3 online as the channels on unifi TV that offer the Catch Up TV feature are different.
What is Highlights Channel: channel 110?
Highlights Channel is a channel dedicated to feature unifi TV content promos which show the highlights of TV programd, VOD, Interactive applications, etc.
Can I record the content of unifi TV?
Currently, you cannot record the content of unifi TV.
What is unifi playTV app?
- unifi playTV is an app that can be downloaded from Google PlayStore on Android, Apple App Store on iOS and AppGallery on Huawei.
- unifi playTV enables you to stream and watch live TV channels and On-demand content on Android (Android Mobile and certified Android TV devices), iOS (iPhone and iPad) and computer browser (to subscribe only) This is in addition to watching unifi TV via your unifi TV Box and unifi Plus Box on your television set.
What is unifi TV (as part of unifi playTV app)?
- unifi TV is an IPTV service offered by Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) through unifi, as part of unifi Home and Business packages.
- You can watch variety of Live TV channels by subscribing to unifi TV packs or you can subscribe to any channels via ala-carte. There are also selections of On Demand movies from Hollywood, Local, Asian and Europe that you can purchase per title.
What is Purchase PIN?
Purchase PIN will enable you to subscribe Live Channels or buy On-Demand movies.
Note: Purchase PIN is only available for unifi TV subscribers
How to register for unifi playTV?
- For unifi TV pack subscribers, you will be able to enjoy a complementary user ID, depending on your unifi broadband plan. Minimum complementary ID given can be used on two (2) concurrent devices
- All you need to do is download the unifi playTV and login using your unifi TV ID.
- You can also upgrade to a plan that enables five (5) devices sharing at only RM10 monthly.
Note: For unifi TV subscribers, your login ID will be xxx@iptv or xxx@tvos.
Can I use the service if I am not subscribed to unifi TV pack?
- Yes you can, simply register using your Facebook ID or mobile number.
- This method will allow you to login via two (2) devices simultaneously.
Unable to Login
This may be due to the following reasons :
- Incorrect user ID and password - Make sure that you typed in the correct ID and password.
- For unifi TV subscribers - please use the pre-defined ID : xxx@iptv OR xxx@tvos. Your ID is stated on your unifi bill and myunifi app
- For non-unifi TV and non-unifi broadband subscribers - your user ID can be your mobile number or Facebook ID.
- If you have forgotten your password, just reset through your unifi playTV app from your mobile device, by following this steps:
a) Launch your unifi playTV app
b) Select “Forgot password”
c) Key-in your login ID
d) Select your preferred option to receive the verification code (the code will be sent to your registered mobile number or email). For unifi customers, please verify your mobile number, you may need to contact us if you have recently updated your mobile number.
e) Key-in verification code
f) Key-in new password
Note: If you failed to login using Facebook ID - Clear the app cache and re-login or re-install the app.
- Possible connectivity error - check your data or Wi-Fi connection, ensure that you are connected to the Internet
- Maximum device login reached - try to logout from other device that is currently running the app.
If you’re having problem to stream unifi TV from your Android device:
- Please ensure that you are watching on the latest certified Android TV OS device.
- Please ensure that you have sufficient download speed. The recommended minimum download speed is 30Mbps. The streaming quality will be based on the bandwidth speed available to ensure good video stream experience.
However, if the problem still persists, try resolving the issue with these steps:
- Check your internet connection by improving your Wi-Fi signal:
a) Move your router to a new location to improve the signal strength
b) To check any wireless interference from other devices such as cordless phone or microwave
c) It is also advisable to keep the number of connected devices minimal to ensure that you have sufficient bandwidth for streaming unifi TV via your Android device
- Restart your Android device and run unifi TV app
- Clear the unifi TV data
a) Go to Settings > Apps > unifi TV
b) Search for Clear Data menu, then press OK
If you have completed the steps as above but still unable to stream unifi TV, contact us via Live Chat and share your error code or issues that you are facing.
How to download unifi playTV through Android device?
Follow these simple steps to download unifi playTV:
- Open Google Play Store and search for “unifi TV”
- Install the unifi playTV
- Key-in your unifi playTV ID and password
- Enjoy watching!
How to stream unifi playTV from my Android TV device?
- At this moment, unifi playTV via Android TV OS is only available for unifi TV pack subscribers.
- As unifi TV pack subscribers, you will be able to enjoy a complementary user ID, depending on your unifi broadband plan. Minimum complementary ID given can be used on two (2) concurrent devices
I already registered for the account using my Facebook / mobile number. Can I use this account to login on unifi playTV on Android TV device?
No, you can’t. However, you may continue to enjoy unifi TV via unifi playTV from your mobile device, tablets or iPad using your mobile number account/Facebook ID
What is the unifi playTV QR scanner feature?
- The unifi playTV QR scanner is the latest feature available for unifi Home customers with unifi TV. The QR scanner feature on unifi playTV will help simplify the login method for unifi Plus Box and will also ease customers to participate in contests for unifi TV customers.
- unifi Plus Box customers are now able to scan the QR code on their TV screen to start viewing unifi TV on unifi Plus Box by scanning QR code from their unifi playTV app.
- With this function unifi Plus Box customer have the flexibility to login to their unifi Plus Box without using unifi Plus Box remote control and your TV screen keyboard.
How does the QR scanner work?
- Just download the latest unifi playTV app on your device -mobile, tablet or iPad (downloadable from AppStore on iOS, Google Playstore on Android and AppGallery on Huawei) and follow these simple steps:
a) Launch unifi playTV app and login using your unifi play TV login ID on your device
b) Go to ”Profile” and choose “QR scan”
- For unifi Plus Box – unifi playTV login ID will be xxx@iptv
- For unifi TV subscriber – unifi playTV login ID will be xxx@iptv OR xxx@tvos
- How to login to unifi Plus Box using QR Scanner?
a) Launch unifi TV app from your unifi Plus Box
b) Use the “QR Scan” feature in unifi playTV app to scan the QR code on your TV screen to authorise login
c) All done, now you can enjoy watching!
- How to join the contest via QR Scanner?
a) Use the “QR Scan” feature in unifi playTV app to scan the QR code that will appear on your TV screen
b) Join the contest and stand a chance to win attractive prizes. Kindly note, the contest will be based on campaign basis and we will announce it from time to time.
I’m not a unifi subscriber but I’ve logged in to unifi playTV app using my mobile/ Facebook account. Can I use the QR scanner to login to unifi Plus Box or my Android TV box?
The service is available only to unifi Home subscribers with unifi TV subscription.
I’m a unifi Home customer without unifi TV / unifi playTV plan. How do I enjoy the QR scanner function?
To enjoy the QR scanner function you need to be a unifi TV customer or upgrade your unifi Home with unifi TV subscription to enjoy the new QR scanner feature.
I’m a unifi Home customer that have subscribed to unifi TV but forgotten the password. How to retrieve my password?
If you have forgotten your password, just reset through your unifi playTV app from your mobile device, by following this steps:
- Launch your unifi playTV app
- Select “Forgot password”
- Key-in your login ID
- Select your preferred option to receive the verification code (the code will be sent to your registered mobile number or email). For unifi customers, please verify your mobile number, you may need to contact us if you have recently updated your mobile number.
- Key-in verification code
- Key-in new password
Who do I contact if I need further info or should I face any unifi TV service issue?
For fast feedback and solution, you may visit https://community.unifi.com.my/ for self-troubleshooting guide, tips and tricks.
Alternatively, you may contact us via our digital channels below:
What are the new streaming apps that will be launched on 1st October 2021?
unifi TV has launched its partnership with seven (7) new streaming apps as below:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Lionsgate Play
- Simply South
I am not an Ultimate Pack subscriber. Can I subscribe to the new streaming app offering on 1st October 2021?
There are three (3) ways to enjoy the streaming app offerings as below:
- If you are a Varnam Plus/Aneka Plus/Ruby Plus Pack subscriber, you may upgrade to Ultimate Pack starting 1st October 2021 via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app
- If you have not subscribed to any unifi TV pack, you may subscribe to Ultimate Pack via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app
- You may subscribe to the ala carte streaming app starting 1st November 2021 via https://activate.unifi.com.my. Please refer to Q3.
Can I watch content from the streaming apps with unifi TV Media Box (white colour)?
- Sorry, the streaming apps are available only on unifi Plus Box.
- There are several options that you can explore:
a) Upgrade to unifi Plus Box at RM20/month
b) Subscribe or upgrade to unifi TV Ultimate Pack, which includes unifi Plus Box
c) If you are an Ultimate Pack subscriber, you can also watch the streaming apps on the respective apps starting 1st October 2021
I do not have any unifi Home broadband subscription currently. Can I get the streaming app offering?
- You would need to subscribe to unifi Home with unifi TV Ultimate Pack to enjoy the added benefits with streaming apps.
- Please visit www.unifi.com.my or the nearest TMpoint to subscribe.
Why does my unifi Plus Box only displays an empty/black screen?
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please follow these steps below to clear cache on your unifi Plus Box:
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Apps”
- Select “unifi TV”
- Click on “Clear cache”
You can also find out more from unifi Community: https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/unifi-TV/unifi-Plus-Box-quick-fix/m-p/38824
Promotions (4 results)
unifi TV x now Jelli PERFECT MATCH iContest
Scan & Win Exclusive merchandise from now Jelli!
unifi TV x Blue Ant Extreme HOTEL PARANORMAL iContest
Catch HOTEL PARANORMAL, Thursdays at 9:55pm on Blue Ant Extreme HD and stand a chance to win exclusive Blue Ant Extreme merchandise!
Endless entertainment – Exclusive for Ultimate Pack subscribers
Enjoy new channels on unifi TV and additional streaming app OTT.
unifi TV x CNA HARI KEBANGSAAN CONTEST
Scan the iContest QR code using your unifi PlayTV QR Scanner feature and stand a chance to win an Apple iPad Air!